The Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction class will teach you a way to relate directly to the events in your life, to consciously and systematically work through experiences. You will develop healthy and positive approaches to handling stressful challenges, whether they are physical or emotional. By enrolling, you will discover:
• Practical tools and skills for handling stress
• Adaptable Relaxation Methods
• Gentle exercises to strengthen and condition your body as well as release tension
• The interplay of mind and body in health and illness
• How to take responsibility for your own health
• Ways to face change and difficult times with greater ease
• Greater balance, control and peace of mind
The class meets 9 times over 8 weeks, usually 2.5 hours per week with an all day retreat near the end of the course. About half of the class is spent practicing formal mindfulness together, with the rest devoted to processing, group observation and some educational instruction.
The cost of the class is $350 for 26 contact hours, and includes 3 practice CDs, workbook and retreat. Any classes missed can be made up in a future class session. Once you have completed the course, you may attend any MBSR retreat for free.
If interested, you can reserve a spot in the class by requesting and completing registration materials and making a $50 non-refundable deposit. Email or call me to register for the next class – 248-930-0004