Linda Oxford, MS, MA, LPC, RYT500 has a private mental health counseling practice in Rochester Hills and Alden (May-Oct), Michigan. She provides individual and group psychotherapy and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) classes, meditation and yoga training to people, groups and businesses. People come to learn to decrease stress, anxiety and depression, cope with chronic physical or emotional pain. They improve their health and well-being and gain greater satisfaction with life.
She bases her practice on the belief that we all have the innate ability to live well. Yet sometimes our life experiences can throw us off balance. They can disturb our connections to others and distort the way we see and interact with the world. At times like this, we may need some help in finding our way and creating the life we desire. Linda has walked this path herself and is passionate about doing this work.
Workshops and Trainings
Linda is a dynamic public speaker and workshop leader. She has lectured on:
- Therapeutic Interventions: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction & Yoga at the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
- Mindfulness in Medicine at Grand Rounds at McLaren Hospital in Flint, MI
- Yoga and Mindfulness as Self Care for Healers at the Wayne State University Medical School.
In addition, her lectures, classes and workshops have been popular offerings at:
- Crim Fitness Foundation
- Oakland University
- Oakland Community College
- Beaumont Hospital
- Crittenton Hospital
- Michigan Psychological Association,
- Michigan School for Professional Psychology
- Rochester Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Lupus Alliance of Michigan
- Roeper School
- Birmingham Public Library
- Rochester Hills Public Library
as well as many other businesses in metro Detroit.
She has been teaching yoga and meditation since 2001. Linda has completed the Practicum in MBSR and the 92-hour Teacher Development Intensive. Both were taught by senior staff from the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society. This program is open only to those with extensive professional experience, solid meditation practice and previous experience teaching MBSR. Linda has earned the Advanced Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT500) certification and studied with renowned teachers. They include Jon Kabat-Zinn, Joseph Goldstein, Sharon Salzberg, Christina Feldman, Doug Keller, Jason Crandall, and Eric Schiffman.